Sunday, September 13, 2009

senior portrait photography


Well since I talked about wedding photography yesterday, I thought I'd dedicate today to senior portraits. Particularly since I had a senior session this afternoon, which was really fun. I'd definitely say I enjoy doing the one on one portraits more, largely just because the atmosphere is so different. There's not nearly as much pressure on the shoot. Obviously you don't want to have to re-shoot, but if something happened it would be possible. With weddings, it's a one-shot deal. I don't mean to make it sound like I don't like doing weddings based on my one experience, portraits are just a different kind of job. Anyway though, my client was actually one of my dance students, and we were fortunate to have beautiful weather. I had several locations in mind, but we ended up doing the whole shoot in Tower Grove Park just because I kept finding different places I liked and that worked well with the outfits she chose. One thing I learned today was to check ahead for where a bathroom is for clients to change in with multiple outfits! Doesn't seem like a big deal but it took us awhile to find one at first. Something I should have known but ya I suppose we all make mistakes. The shoot went really well and we got some fun stuff. I particularly had fun shooting her in this wading pool/fountain area they had. Very fun and innocent and provided great energy and fun for her pictures. It seems that how senior portraits are done has changed a lot since I had mine done, and it's only been three and half years. From what I've seen, outdoor settings like parks or public streets have gotten way more popular than shooting in a studio with backdrops. Let me know what you had done for your senior portraits...I'm curious!! Putting up a few samples today, and more to come once I've done some editing. Enjoy!










2 comments:

Michael said...

good work

Bradford said...

is that my arm on the left getting splashed? the water was cold :(